Hello...

Welcome to the Kirklees Wargames Club blog and forum. We are a small group of table-top wargamers who get together weekly to play games which vary from Ancient/Medieval, through English Civil War, American War of Independence, American Civil War, and all things Napoleonic, plus WW2 to Sci-fi and fantasy, using scale-model armies on purpose-built terrain and scenery. We meet at Beaumont Park Visitors Centre, Beaumont Park Road, Huddersfield HD4 7AY on Monday evenings from 6.15pm. New members (over 18) are always welcome. You can just drop in or contact us on: kirkleeswargamesclub@gmail.com. Facebook: Kirklees Wargames Club and Twitter: @KirkleesWC

Tuesday 2 May 2023

A trip to the "Darkside" (which turns out is a lot of fun!)

So I had the pleasure of going to Warhammerfest-2023 over the last weekend and seeing some of the world's best painters work up close and personal in the Golden Demon cabinets. There was some absolutely mind blowing stuff in those cabinets, and some very talented people to talk to. Everyone was really happy to stand and chat about their experiences in the build up to the event and discuss how they had gone about their projects. I think the overriding thing that stayed with me from the weekend was the community and openness to celebrate our niche little hobby, I would recommend it to anyone.

I also entered Golden Demon and came away with a finalist pin, which I was ecstatic about. I came away forming ideas for next years competition. I best put a picture up hadn't I.

4 comments:

Rupert Clamp said...

fantastic stuff Alex. The darkside offers a lot when it comes to gaming ideas and modelling (just keep one eye on the lightside :-))

Guy the Gorilla said...

Brilliant job Alex

Steveknott said...

Well done Alex, what an achievement, I am really pleased for you, can't wait to get a closer look,that's great news, see you soon Dad.

Alex Knott said...

Thanks everyone.

Don't worry Rupe, I'm a way off excessively expensive boxsets and rules yet. Like you say, for ideas on games, settings and painting there is a lot to enjoy. I hope you're keeping well and still enjoying the hobby.